So about that finale
- bold, straightforward
- has a gentle side
- utterly, indomitably resolute
- extremely dutiful
- self-identity tightly linked with her performance as Avatar
- forgiving (yes! pulpofiction can tell you I harp on this a LOT)
- extremely short fuse and a deep well of rage
- a Ravenclaw mistaken for a Slytherin who hates himself for not being a Gryffindor
- not very approachable, but sensible, charismatic, and reasonable
- proud, iron-willed, extremely strong-minded, fierce but cautious
- does not ~hate Faramir, but does love Boromir a great deal more, partly because of Boromir’s sheer likableness and mostly because of Denethor’s own pressures and concerns and issues and staggering lack of self-awareness
Team Avatar- pillow fight by Lukia-Lokelani on deviantart
Okay, I’m imagining they’re all college students at some fancy university, Korra’s there on a scholarship (aka bc the college has one of the only specialists in … a thing), Mako’s on a sports scholarship (but actually very eager to learn, though without much direction so far), Asami’s father is paying for everything. However, she’s determined to do very very well and not just be some spoiled rich kid and prove that she’s worthy of her father’s trust blahblahblah
okay, so Korra and Asami are friends who are ostensibly studying together, but Korra is bored and keeps getting Asami to laugh at things and Mako, the only other one in that part of the library, overhears them giggling and is just PLS
(I think he knows them from one of his classes or smth)
Asami is just ‘oh, did you need help finding something? I come here all the time, let me show you!!’ Korra is the one who actually realizes he was annoyed, and is annoyed at him for being annoyed, so she gets up with Asami and as she leads him down the stacks needles him the whole time while Asami is trying not to snicker.
Mako initially felt bad because Asami was so nice about it, and then he’s aggravated at Korra but also…kind of into it, and Asami flirts gently with him and he’s also into that, and he’s blushing and embarrassed even before Asami asks him if he wants to study with them. Korra pretty obviously thinks he’s going to run as soon as he can so he agrees to be contrary and proceeds to be incredibly awkward but adorable for forty minutes, all the while thinking:
- is Asami hitting on me? like, of all the men here, me? wait she’s talking about a book thing tell me more oh wow she’s so great
- is Korra hitting on me? wait how does she remember everything without even putting in any effort I hate people like that…I think…maybe I don’t?…???
- are they best friends? are they together? would it be weird to ask one of them out??
- I don’t know which one I’d rather ask out oh god
xerox machine shenanigans?
I….clearly did not look closely enough at this meme, haha
but lbr in some real-world setting (with bending! no bendingless AUs for me!) I could totally see Korra shoving Mako against a xerox machine. At work. Like maybe it’s after hours because Mako, so nobody’s going to walk in on them (Asami prudently locks the door anyway) and the paper tray is digging into his back and he doesn’t notice, while Asami is perched on his desk watching.
I have no idea what on earth I was trying to go for, but I was looking around my old files for some scraps and found this:
Mako and Asami, talking quietly with Pema, glanced up. They seemed more Mako-and-Asami than before, now, even their casual gestures practically synchronized, like the Fire Ferrets on their best days. Korra suppressed a pang of resentment. Asami was great, really great. Better than Korra had ever expected. Of course Mako liked her, and … and it didn’t really matter. He was Asami’s.
It was Asami who bought the fine doublet and hose, who frowned when she saw the faded red cloak still hanging over Mako’s shoulders, until he explained. It was Asami, too, who seized both their arms and managed to look as if both Korra and Mako guided her—Korra, a stranger to Rome, and Mako, well, a stranger to this Rome.
But it was Korra, in the Palazzo Sato that night, who jerked on the lacing to Mako’s doublet and Asami’s gown and flung both aside.
criticisms of korra that are basically like, “she’s just x male character w/ boobs”
like shut the fuck up and take your nonsense conceptions of what a female character/woman should be and shove it up your ass
ugh thank you
The tricky thing is yesterday we were just children